Inviting kids into the kitchen can be a fun, family-friendly experience where kids explore new foods and learn about nutrition and healthy food choices.
Start with simple recipes like these Dark Chocolate Raspberry Popsicles made with fresh fruit, coconut palm sugar, and dairy-free chocolate chips. A simple and delicious recipe the entire family can enjoy.
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Popsicles
- ½ can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ banana
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Add coconut milk, raspberries, banana, and coconut palm sugar into a blender and blend on high until smooth
- Evenly distribute chocolate chips into the bottom of each popsicle mold
- Pour raspberry mixture into each mold filling it to the top
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze, 4 hours or until solid
- Gently remove frozen popsicles from mold, serve and enjoy.
By Karla Salinari for Shine
Join us on Saturday, May 11 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm for our next “Second Saturday” workshop at the Children’s Museum of the East End where we’ll be celebrating moms with our special guest Karla Salinari of FlipBox. We will be baking healthy treats for mom and creating some food-inspired art. To register or for more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.414.5427.